- Officially authorized by the UNGC Office headquarter of the initiative in Russia
- National community of Russian UNGC participants
- Legal entity - Association ‘National Global Compact Network on Implementation of Responsible Business Principles in Business Practice’ (‘National Network of the Global Compact’) – non-profit corporate organization based on voluntary membership founded to represent and protect the interests of its members and to achieve socially-oriented and other objectives as stated in the Statutes
- Network of Russian business leaders, introducing progressive forms of commercial activities and management, as well as networking with a large variety of stakeholders, business partners and civil society in accordance with world standards of corporate social responsibility and sustainable development
Joins together - more than 50 participants working in most regions of Russia
Participants of the UN Global Compact Network Russia include State Corporation Vnesheconombank (chairing the Network from 2013), Rosneft, RUSAL, Severstal, Nornickel, RusHydro, SISTEMA PJSFC, Russian Railways, LUKOIL, Sakhalin Energy, Polymetal, International Investment Bank, SUE ‘Vodokanal of St. Petersburg’, the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, Eurasian Economic Cooperation Organization, and others. At the same time several dozens of companies – representations / subsidiaries of international corporations such as Nestle, Unilever, Samsung, Volkswagen AG, Daimler AG, BMW AG, BASF SE, Bayer AG, KPMG, EY etc. – that are also participants of the UNGC.
Framework of the UNGC Local Network activities
- UNGC Principles and SDGs
- UNGC 2020 Strategy
- Statutes of the Association ‘National Network of the Global Compact’
- Portfolio of projects and programmes 2018-2019
Participants of the UNGC Local Network
- Confirm their support to the Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact and the SDGs, take responsibilities to revise their business models by changing their business strategy in favour of long-term sustainability for a more fair, ecological, and inclusive development of the economy, territories, society, and the planet
- Take part in development of the UNGC Local Network, as well as in promoting principles and values of responsible business practice and sustainable development using the platform of the UNGC LN and its partners
LN UNGC members strategically aim no only at strengthening their domestic and internal positions, but at successful integration in global sustainability processes, increasing the participation of Russian business and society in forming a global agenda, raising investment attractiveness and modernizing Russian economy.
Business should learn using Global Compact as a sustainable development tool. UNGC participants have advantages in comparison to those who act on their own. Participation in the initiative allows to shorten the distance on the way to international cooperation and partnerships, internal growth, responding to the needs of epoch, efficient capitalization of reputation. Extending participation opportunities, presenting, speaking on its position at key international UN and UNGC events, participate directly in forming a global agenda. At the same time, working actively at a local level, building capacity, elaborating on methodology of a correct assessment of sustainable development integration efficiency, both for business and a society. Participating in thematic expert discussions to reveal weak and strong points of integration model, and so on. A basis for all this can be formed uniquely by consolidated communities, and not separate companies. L. Ovchinnikova, Chair of the Steering Committee of the UNGC Local Network.